Central Warehousing Corporation is a statutory body under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Government of India, which was established under ‘The Warehousing Corporations Act, 1962. Its aim is to provide reliable, cost-effective, value-added, integrated warehousing and logistics solutions in a socially responsible and environment friendly manner.It is a public warehouse operator established by the Government of India in 1957 to provide logistics support to the agricultural sector.
To provide reliable, cost-effective, value-added and integrated warehousing and logistics solutions in a socially responsible and environment friendly manner.
To emerge as a leading market facilitator by providing integrated warehousing infrastructure and other logistics services, supporting India‘s growing economy with emphasis on stakeholder satisfaction.
- To meet changing needs of agriculture, trade, industry and other sectors by providing scientific warehousing and related infrastructural facilities.
- To reduce losses during warehousing, handling and distribution.
- To be a major player in providing pest control services using environment friendly methods.
- To assist in implementation of Warehousing (Development & Regulation) Act, 2007 with a view to expand credit potential of Warehoused goods through banking institutions and NBFCs.
- To plan and diversify across the logistics value chain, through forward and backward integration in areas such as port handling, procurement and distribution, cold chain, warehousing financing,3PL, consultancy services, multi–modal transport, etc.
- To achieve global presence in the warehousing and logistics field.
- To plan and implement Human Resource Development programmes to improve commitment,motivation and productivity of employees for achieving customer satisfaction.
'Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav' is an initiative of the Government of India to celebrate and commemorate 75 years of progressive India and the glorious history of it's people, culture and achievements.