Central Warehousing Corporation is a statutory body under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Government of India, which was established under ‘The Warehousing Corporations Act, 1962. Its aim is to provide reliable, cost-effective, value-added, integrated warehousing and logistics solutions in a socially responsible and environment friendly manner.It is a public warehouse operator established by the Government of India in 1957 to provide logistics support to the agricultural sector.
- Greetings to the CWC Parivar we welcome the New Year 2023 with increased zeal and zest, as our Corporation is on the cusp of achieving Rs.2400 crore turnover. From being a Warehousing Service Provider (WSP) of food grains, CWC has grown to have a sustainable, balanced mix of revenue streams of agriculture and other notified commodities, facilitating storage and logistics support to the EXIM trade, offering storage solutions to modern day requirements of e-commerce and organized retail, including temperature controlled storage. Today, CWC is capable of providing warehousing and logistics services to meet the requirement of any industry/segment.
- The Corporation’s growth story is being scripted by building upon the areas of Capacity Augmentation, Modernization, creation of warehousing and logistics infrastructure, Asset Monetization, Rail operations, Cold Storage / Temperature controlled storage operations, automation and venturing into value added services comprising of grading, sorting, processing, packaging, palletizing etc. All general warehouses are registered under WDRA capable of facilitating pledge finance to farmers and other needy depositors. Becoming the Repository Participant is a step forward towards developing an ecosystem for facilitating and promoting eNWRs. Let us plan to provide a comprehensive package of services to our agri-customers.
To provide reliable, cost-effective, value-added and integrated warehousing and logistics solutions in a socially responsible and environment friendly manner.
To emerge as a leading market facilitator by providing integrated warehousing infrastructure and other logistics services, supporting India‘s growing economy with emphasis on stakeholder satisfaction.
- To meet changing needs of agriculture, trade, industry and other sectors by providing scientific warehousing and related infrastructural facilities.
- To reduce losses during warehousing, handling and distribution.
- To be a major player in providing pest control services using environment friendly methods.
- To assist in implementation of Warehousing (Development & Regulation) Act, 2007 with a view to expand credit potential of Warehoused goods through banking institutions and NBFCs.
- To plan and diversify across the logistics value chain, through forward and backward integration in areas such as port handling, procurement and distribution, cold chain, warehousing financing,3PL, consultancy services, multi–modal transport, etc.
- To achieve global presence in the warehousing and logistics field.
- To plan and implement Human Resource Development programmes to improve commitment,motivation and productivity of employees for achieving customer satisfaction.
'Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav' is an initiative of the Government of India to celebrate and commemorate 75 years of progressive India and the glorious history of it's people, culture and achievements.